Areas of Potential Future Development
Flocker is an ongoing project whose direction will be guided in large part by the community.
The list below includes some potential areas for future development.
It is not all encompassing or indicative of what definitely will be built.
Feedback welcome and encouraged.
- Support for atomic updates.
- Scale-out for stateless containers.
- API to support managing Flocker volumes programmatically.
- Statically configured continuous replication and manual failover.
- No-downtime migrations between containers.
- Automatically configured continuous replication and failover.
- Multi-data center support.
- Automatically balance load across cluster.
- Roll-back a container to a snapshot.
Detailed plans have been made in some areas: